Sunday, May 2, 2010

I am running, won't you come with me?

May is Lupus Awareness Month. I will once again asking for your support.
On May 8th I will be running another half marathon to raise money for the Lupus Foundation of America.

This year I will be giving back to my supporters. For every $5 that you donate, please enter a ticket with your name on it in my drawing bag. I will be giving away $10 gift cards to Borders, Cold Stone Creamery, and Barnes & Nobles, a $25 gift card to Borders, and a Subway Peeler Card. There will be a total of 5 winners.

I am doing the Sponsor My Miles again, so write your name next to a mile that you would like to sponsor. I am reserving miles 1 & 12 for $25 donations, because those will be the most difficult miles for me.

You can donate several ways:

online at www.firstgiving.com/lupus_runners. The name on this page will be Cruz Pitre. He is the head of our group, Lupus Runners. Please note my name in your donation line.

donate cash into my purple bag that is on my board in the teacher workroom

write a check and put it in my purple bag. make it payable to me,

Thank you so much for all of your support!

Look for something new next year..........

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to see this blog and see it's possible to be a runner with Lupus. I've recently been diagnosed and have yet to start treatment (very soon), so I'm not able to see past this terrible flare up... I was worried I'd never be able to run again. This gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete