Sunday, May 17, 2009

My New Bike!

I would like to introduce you to my new bike! She is very pretty and a lot of fun to ride!

I'll be doing my first duathlon next weekend. I am very nervous about this event. I can see myself getting lost on the bike course. Yes, I did do something like this once before. I missed a turn and went up the biggest hill that I have ever seen in my life, only to learn once I was at the TOP that I should have turned before the hill. (That just meant that I got in a little extra exercise and got to eat an extra bite of ice cream that evening.)

Earlier this year I applied to be one of the new Trek Women Who Ride. This is a group of 5 women who are given new bikes and gear, and then blog on Trek's site for two years about their biking adventures. They did not select me... maybe I'll try again in two years. Tim and I will have some great bike adventures this summer.

I really love to ride my bike. I find myself freeing my mind of worries and becoming very relaxed. Tim and I also have a tandem bike. I love riding with him! He doesn't know it, but I sit on the back with my legs sticking out and let him do all of the work.

I would like to see a lupus supported bike ride. Chris, this is right up your alley!

1 comment: